The Rental Department at sellbuyrent Real Estate is not a secondary service to the Sales Department. Our rental business is an equal arm as we pride ourselves on offering the best rental and investment advice to our current and prospective landlords.
We provide the following Property Management Services to our Landlords:
- Actively market, screen, select and process extensive tenancy applications to source a quality tenant for your investment.
- Screen prospective tenants through TICA for any previous history of tenancy default.
- Prepare all leasing documentation and co-ordinate signing by both the tenant and property owner.
- Prepare detailed condition reports on your investment to ensure that when the property is passed between tenants, the condition of the property and standard of cleanliness is consistently maintained.
- Lodge the required property bond with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority.
- Set up a progressive payment system of rent collection, provide rental ledgers as required and issue in a timely fashion your property financial statements either monthly or mid monthly or both.
- Undertake the necessary maintenance and repairs on your property in consultation with you, source appropriate contractors and supply written quotes and invoices.
- Facilitate the payment of Council Rates, North East Water Rates and property insurances as instructed by you.
- Conduct regular external inspections and routine internal inspections as the legislation allows. Provide you with written assessments of the inspection and advise of any concerns as well as tenant feedback.
- Prepare and attend Victorian Consumer and Administrative Tribunal as needed.
- Assess and advise of changes to the rental market and modify the property rent as required.
- Conduct tenant exiting inspections and prepare the property for re-leasing as per the ingoing condition report.
Transferring Management of your Investment Property
Transferring management for your investment property to our Agency is a smooth and seamless process. Once you have signed a Management Authority Agreement which enables sellbuyrent Real Estate to act on your behalf, we formally advise your current Agent that the property is being transferred to our Agency and request that they make the file available for collection within 24 hours. There is no cost in the transfer.
Once the property has been transferred, we make contact with your tenant to introduce ourselves as their new Agent, explain our office procedures, and make a time to meet in person.
Management of your Investment Property
We have an excellent relationship with an extensive and preferred list of contractors, who though regular use and loyalty keep their costs as competitive as possible, without compromising on the quality of the workmanship. Under current taxation law some works undertaken as repairs and maintenance may be allowable as tax deductions. However, you are most welcome to advise us of your preferred tradesman to carry out works at your investment property.
Click here to visit our Landlord FAQ's web book!
At sellbuyrent we have grown an employment base that covers all aspects of the real estate industry, including property sales, rental management, property administration / appraisals, and now the brand new investment scouting role. Our goal at sellbuyrent is to help you choose the best investment for your financial circumstances and long term goals whist receiving the best rental yield.
sellbuyrent now offers a service of doing all that WORK for you; looking for properties to inspect, arranging inspections, requesting the vendor statement and assessing the viability as a rental property. If you are interstate, have time constraints, or are confused which properties to prospect for, this service might help you save time and resources in securing your next property.
Our team regulary research the market looking for the key success words a landlord / investor wants to hear - Capital Growth, Tax Depreciation and Rental Yield. Your Investment Scout will inspect the property and consider its current condition, items that can be undertaken to improve the rental return, the area and potential growth, proximity to schools, shopping and sporting facilities and the overall suitability to be a great ‘all-rounder’ investment.
Every day at sellbuyrent, the rental team receive enquiries/questions from applicants / tenants for upcoming properties with their personal preferences. Three or four bedrooms, two bathrooms, secure garage and bigger backyards; whichever the way the trend moves, we know how to best guide you to meet curent rental demands.
If you are thinking of investing in your first property or looking at growing your own portfolio, give the team at sellbuyrent a call on
02 6056 9877.
Why Wodonga? Take a look at the Wodonga Council's Wodonga Investment Video.